In order to establish a good working relationship with the public, Hong Kong Illustrator Association has issued the following terms and conditions with the consent between our members and their customers for better communication to avoid misunderstandings.
The following Terms and Conditions are for reference only and must be agreed by both the illustrator and their client.
- Payment regulation: when the illustrator has started working on an assigned project, any cancellation by the client even midway in the draft stage, customers need to pay 50% of the total cost of work. Once the delegated illustrations are completed, full payment must be made by customers whether or not they are using the final artwork. The payment period is 30 days after the date of issue of the invoice. If payment is not made after 30 days, the customer will be charged an additional 2% interest per month.
- Fees: The charges for the illustrations are based on the original draft or instructions provided by the customer. Any delay in the work caused by changes to the original draft or instructions or an increase in the workload of the illustrator will have additional charges.
- Cancellation of Job: If the client canceled the entrusted work, the customer shall pay the illustrators based on the terms and conditions of the above two points.
- Copyright and Ownership of Works: The copyright and ownership of illustrator are owned by illustrator solely. Copyright may not be transferred to a third party without the consent of the illustrator. The customer may choose to purchase all copyright of the work from the illustrator.
- The right to use the illustration: customer need to specify the of the project based on application , scope and time limit. The right of use of the customer to use the artwork is generally limited to within twelve months after its first publication in Hong Kong. Any usage after 12 months and outside Hong Kong will have extra charges.
- Area outside Hong Kong: (A) Asia and the Pacific, (B) Europe, (C) America Artwork/ Illustrations used in one of the above areas, customers are required to pay an additional 50% of the full fee. IN any of these two areas, customers are required to pay an additional 75% of the total fee. For worldwide use, customers are required to pay an additional 100% of the full fee.
- If the illustrations are to be continuously used after 12 months since the first publication or application, the customer will be required to pay an additional 30% of the total fee.
- If Illustrations is used in any unspecified scope or medium other than the original plan, the customer needs to pay an additional 20 to 50% of the total fee.
The above terms and conditions in the Chinese version. If there is any dispute, the English version shall prevail.